Do you know the five interesting facts about Deserts?
1. Yes obviously our planet is surrounding by water. We all know that we have only one fourth of land and three fourth of water. But one third of Earths land surface is partially or totally deserts.
2. Do you know the world’s largest desert? Antarctica. Yes it’s true. An area doesn’t have to be hot to qualify – it just needs to lose more moisture than it gains.
3. There are parts of the Atacama Desert in Chile where no rain has ever been recorded. Scientists believe portion of the region have been in an extreme desert state for 40 million years – longer than any other place on earth.
4. An adult desert tortoise can survive more than a year without water and can tolerate temperatures that exceed 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. the first dinosaur eggs discovered were found in the Gobi desert in 1923 by an expedition led by the American Museum of Natural History.